I don’t believe in resolutions. If you want to change your life or an aspect of it, then figure out how to do it, and then do it. The time of year is irrelevant.
I started this journey back in May and truly recommitted in August. I find when we attach too much significance to a life change or a time of year we set ourselves up for failure if we cannot achieve it 100%.
So make plans, but be sure to act on them! If you don’t know how to make your dreams happen then the first step is to find out how to do it, not sit back and wait for it to happen to you.
Here are some goals I plan to accomplish in 2011. I’m sure there’s more, I just can’t think of them yet.:
1. Get to goal before the end of the year.
2. Learn to Run
3. Run/Walk a 5k
4. Finally submit the grant applications for the 2 projects I want to get off the ground
5. Direct a show I’ve been hired for that has been post-poned until late spring
6. Move into a new apartment.
7. Travel to Paris and the rest of France.
Drink responsibly tonight, and please call a cab, use public transit, walk, or stay over. One night isn’t worth your life or anyone else’s.
All the best in the New Year to everyone!