Seriously. Unimpressed. I’m up 0.4lbs this week for a new weight of 184.6lbs with a total of 67lbs lost so far.
Blargh. I don’t know why this up and down. I mean I know, but I don’t know why I’m letting myself do this to myself. I’ll be honest – I’ve let weight loss slip down on my priorities list. Which in turn means I’ve let myself slip on my priorities list. Work has been hectic and I’m STILL using my apartment as an excuse. Really?! Who does that? I do. Over a month later and I’m still blaming my apartment not being completely set up as a reason for my not exercising at home. I’m lame and I fully admit it. Also – who turns down a SECOND cannoli? Apparently not me this week. Not me.
So what’s a girl to do? How do I get my motivation back? I’m not sure, but I do know there are things that have helped in the past and that’s all I can do at the moment. Surprisingly, or at least thankfully, I haven’t given up on my running. I’m still in training and my race approaches. Although to be fair I contribute this to my overwhelming dislike of losing. And by that I mean my mean-ass competitive streak.
So here goes the plan:
1. I will once again post my daily food log (sorry to those who aren’t keen on it, but it helps me so off I go). There is something about having to be accountable on a daily basis to others that spurs me to do well and focus on healthy eating.
2. I will not let that lettuce in my fridge go to waste and will make some amazing salads with it.
3. I will run 3x this week – striving for a full 5K each time. Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
4. I will exercise at home at least twice. Ideally Wednesday and Saturday.
5. I will stick to foods I know the PointsPlus values of – too much guesstimating going on.
6. I will be honest when I weigh/portion out my food. This morning’s oatmeal definitely had a rounded top rather than flat with the measuring cup.
7. I will drink at least 12 cups of water each day.
On the plus side this week I bought two pairs of pants in a size 12! Woohoo!
Have a great week 🙂