The title says it all doesn’t it?! I didn’t lose or gain this week. A big ol’stayed the same (STS). So still at 167lbs with 84.6lbs lost. But hey, I’ll take it, always better than a gain.
Today at our meeting we talked about how to approach weigh-ins and how it’s important to learn from our weigh-ins. We also talked about how it’s important to be totally honest with yourself about your week so here goes:
1. I overate. I know I did because some mornings I woke up full. What is that?! I ate too much was the deal. And a lot of times, it was the grapes. Seriously. Just because I’m eating a lot of something healthy doesn’t mean it’s a healthy approach to food.
2. I didn’t count everything. In the end, if I let the extra servings, the bite of this here and the bite of that there get out of control and I don’t write them down then I’m only hurting myself. Seriously NO ONE else is going to have to deal with the repercussions. Only me.
3. I didn’t drink enough water. It’s getting cold and harder to drink as much. I must find new solutions.
4. I ran 4 times this week! Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and an 8K run on Sunday. I also went to the gym to do weight training twice. This was good. Very Good.
5. I ate a bit better than last week, but I can do better. I know how to eat well and what fills me up. I just need to make better choices.
So what are my main goals this coming week? Firstly – to track everything and secondly to drink my water!
Also – this bag of left over Halloween candy showed up courtesy my boss at the office today. Luckily I don’t like licorice at all, but I’ll have to come up with a strategy for the rest.
Oh and to keep sharing on the baking front. I made pumpkin spice cupcakes for some friends this week. Here they are:
I made them from an old WW recipe (from FlexPoints era). Which is basically a box of spice cake mix and 2 cups (or one 15-ounce can) of unsweetened mashed pumpkin. The recipie says to use 1/2 a cup of egg substitute also, but I usually forget that. This time I added one egg white because I had one and to help hold it together. I also roasted and pureed the pumpkin myself from pie pumpkins (the smaller ones). Mix it all together and bake at 350F for 18minutes(ish). It makes 24 cupcakes. 2pts each.
The frosting is the pumpkin cream cheese frosting from Skinny Taste. She also has a different pumpkin cupcake recipe. You can find both here!
I topped them with Halloweenie jellies from the store as I tried in vain to find candy corn. But alas it was not to be. 😦
Did you do any Halloween baking this year? What did you make?