Ouch is right. I am up 2.4lbs this week. Sigh. The worst part is that I know why and I didn’t do anything to change it. I’m now at 188lbs with a total lost of 63.6lbs.
This is my biggest gain since July 27th, 2010. I cannot let this continue. I don’t know why I’m losing my motivation but I can say that this past week my hunger seemed insatiable. I kept picking at foods and even bought a box of cookies – what was I thinking! I ate it, of course, but at least it was over 2 days, not in one sitting. At least it was a box of Pim’s, not a full size box of cookies. At least.
I worry that I’m starting to slip, that my resolve isn’t as high anymore. I’m getting compliments, which is wonderful, but also messes with my head a bit. I feel great, which is also wonderful, but makes me lazy, like I don’t have to try as hard anymore. That’s a load of bull.
BEING LAZY IS EASY. It’s what I know. I have to change what I know.
I know how good I feel when I’m eating better, when I’m drinking plenty of water, when I’m exercising more. I want to return to that state.
I don’t talk about the topics of the WW meetings, but I found this weeks’ to be very appropriately timed. It was about setbacks and moving forward. My favourite line was Feedback not Failure. And this is true – I have to take this week as FEEDBACK not that I am a failure. I have to learn from it and create a plan that will get me back on track. My leader challenged us to have our best week ever – I am up for that challenge! She also asked us to write down 3 things we do well each day. I’m going to do that here. The accountability really helps me I’ve learned. This week will be hard – I have a new challenge: I overate this week which has opened up my appetite. I have to get that under control and learn to recognize real hunger vs. fake hunger once again.
With that in mind here is why I gained weight this week:
- I’ve been making excuses to not get in more activity besides just the gym – like my apartment is still disorganized from the move – I don’t have room to do the videos at home, or I’d rather just sleep-in, or just missing one session won’t hurt etc. etc. etc.
- I’m making excuses that I’m too busy, too stressed out to work out or eat better.
- I eat and don’t track it – little things like an extra piece of chocolate, or the 4 tortillas I inhaled last night because I was craving bread.
- My portions are getting larger – I’m not measuring as much as I should be. All this under the guise of “I’m too busy, I’m sure this is xyz”
- Not drinking enough water – not by a long shot. I’m barely getting in 4 glasses a day this past week.
- I had sushi one night – but I went all out. Too much food for one person, but I didn’t care.
- I ate tortillas as snacks left right and centre. Craving bread all week.
- My hunger was bottomless – snacking, snacking, snacking – grabbing a few crackers at work here and there, some chocolate here and there. It all adds up and I wasn’t keeping track.
Here is what I commit to this week:
- I will post my food log each day
- I will post my activity each day
- I will also post 3 things I did well each day
- I will schedule my activity for the week and I am not allowed to miss one. I can re-schedule, but I MUST make it up.
- I will drink 12 glasses of water each day
Here’s my activity schedule:
Tuesday: Run 4k & weight-training (arms)
Wednesday: WATP video in the afternoon – 1h15
Thursday: Run 4k & weight-training (legs)
Friday: WATP video in the morning – 1hr
Saturday: Run 4.5k
Monday: WATP video in the morning – 1h15
Have a good week everyone – and join the challenge: write down 3 things you did well each day 🙂